Venus in Arms will be at the next ISA’s 56th Annual Convention. The conference will be held in New Orleans (February 18th-21st 2015).
Here you’ll find the preliminary programme.
All the info for participants are here.The deadline to Register (for those on the program) is October 16th, 2014.
As reported by the official website, the 2015 Annual Convention explores the following questions:
- When is IR Global? What are the new, current and possible directions and innovations in IR theories, methods and issue areas as IR aspires to become a truly global discipline?
- Given the hitherto marginality of the non-Western voices and traditions in its mainstream theories and approaches of IR, what are the ways and sources of knowledge – e.g. world history, classical traditions, cultural practices, foreign policy approaches, writings of scholars, etc. – that can help to make the discipline more inclusive?
- What is the relationship between regionalism and universalism, between the local and the global? What are the variations among regions and their institutions, and how do they figure in global governance?
- How can we build greater synergy between IR and area studies, so that we can be true to the name of our association as the International Studies Association?
- How does the rise of new powers – e.g., China, India, Brazil, and others – affect the study of IR? Is hegemony a thing of the past or reappearing in new forms?
- How do the key transnational challenges of our time, such as environmental degradation, climate change, pandemics, transnational crime, gender violence, refugees and migration, and responses to them, affect regional worlds, North-South relations, and global order?
- How do ideas and norms travel? Are local actors and developing countries passive recipients or active agents of norm creation and diffusion?
- Do civilizations clash or learn from each other?
Venus in Arms will be at the conference presenting papers on cyber-warfare, public opinion and (counter)narratives, Italian operations in Libya, Haiti and Somalia.
See you there for the Mardi Gras!!